November 17, 2008

A New Life with Vulvodynia

Warning: This has nothing to do with vulvodynia or pudendal neuralgia

Last Friday was the best night of my life. My boyfriend and I went to see my favorite musician, Butch Walker, at the North Star Bar in Philadelphia. It was the best crowd I've ever experienced. Everyone was quiet and respectful and everyone knew the words to every song, even the songs from his latest album, which was release three days earlier. We die-hard fans have our ways of hearing his music before it hits the streets.

My boyfriend isn't too well acquainted with Butch's music, but he knows a few songs. When the song "Don't Move" began playing, I reach out and grabbed his hand. I knew he knew that song because I put it in a mix I made for him 2 years ago when we fell in love. He pulled me close and as the chorus began, I looked down and he was holding a ring in front of me.

I was completely overcome with love and joy. I began shaking and tears ran down my cheeks. I absolutely could not believe what was happening. He slid the ring onto my finger as my hands shook.

"I hope you'll say yes," he said.

"You haven't asked me."

He paused and said, "will you be my wife?"

"Yes."

I couldn't take my eyes off him. I couldn't stop hugging him and smiling. After that moment, there was only one man in the room. He is the only person who could take my focus away from Butch Walker.

I really thought my boyfriend was incapable of romance, but I was wrong. He took my breath away. I was completely shocked. I couldn't believe he pulled it off. I had no idea it was coming. I never would have thought he would propose at the Butch concert. It was perfect, a dream come true.

I am so blessed to have him in my life. He has been my best friend and my biggest supporter in my daily struggles with vulvodynia and pudendal neuralgia. I am a very lucky woman and the best part is, I get to keep him.

I'm getting married!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Congratulations! You sound so happy in your blog this week... enjoy this special time with your best Friend, and I wish you both much happinss.

Lora said...

That's amazing! Congrats! Because it is so exciting, I'm giving you a pass on being in my town and not calling me up to meet over beers! I love shows at the north star. Especially because the mirror in the bathroom near the front bar makes everyone look skinny and tan!

Lora said...

That's amazing! Congrats! Because it is so exciting, I'm giving you a pass on being in my town and not calling me up to meet over beers! I love shows at the north star. Especially because the mirror in the bathroom near the front bar makes everyone look skinny and tan!

Esther said...

Congratulations!!! Best wishes for you two!! :)