May 8, 2008

Height Adjustable Workstation and New Questions


I gathered up my nerve and asked my boss if he would allow the purchase of a height adjustable workstation.  Although somewhat reluctant, he agreed because the price was reasonable.  

I am so relieved.  I didn't want to pay for it and I didn't want to fight for it.  And now it's here!

I've been using it for 2 days.  It's not the best.  It's wobbly and small, but it's better than a stack of boxes.  It will also be a better match for the kneeling chair, whenever I get the correct part.  

I've taken a number of professional risks by being up front about my condition.  But because I did, I'm getting the accommodations that I need.  I'm extremely fortunate to work for people who are understanding.  I don't think most offices would tolerate this issue.  

With the changes that I've made to my workspace, I've begun to think about delaying surgery.  Maybe if I can avoid the primary source of my pain, I can also avoid the need to go under the knife.  

I'm really not sure what to do.  I've been so hot to get sliced for so long, but now I'm starting to worry about potential complications.  

What if the surgery actually makes my condition worse?  

What would I do then?  

Surgery is the last resort.  

That's a really scary thought.      

No comments: