January 7, 2009

A Very Intersting Article

I read the NVA News a few days ago and I'm still thinking about the second article titled, The Need for Research on Coexisting Conditions by Hannele Rubin, MSJ and Christin Veasley, BS. It outlines a number of different studies that have analyzed the relationship between coexisting conditions, like vulvodynia and IC. One doctor presented a theory that these chronic pain conditions could be cause by a birth defect as the urogenital tube forms in the developing embryo.

I can't stop thinking about that concept, and the more I think about it, the more I feel like it could hold water for me. My whole genital area, from tip to tail is in some way defective: I have the labial fusion on my clitorus, the vulvodynia on the vaginal skin, the pudendal neuralgia, and lastly, the precancerous mole just beside my hiny-hole. Good lord, that's a lot of problems in one concentrated area! The rest of me is fine. I have some anxiety and depression, but doesn't everyone to some extent?

What could possibly explain all these problem?

I don't know, but I hope someone figures it out.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll be testing that theory in my own research study. A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: