January 15, 2010

It's Out Of My Hands

My applications are in for nursing school.  I can't fuss over them anymore, they are as good as they're going to be. 

Back in 2007 when I began my quest to save vaginas from vulvodynia and pudendal neuralgia, I never thought I would get to this point.  Three and a half years is a long time, especially when you're only taking one class per semester.  I felt like I was moving at a glacial pace, it was incredibly frustrating.

Now I'm standing on the edge of a ravine without knowing how I will proceed.  Will I fall off the edge to land broken at the bottom or will a bridge appear to safely deliver me to the other side?  It's frightening to think about and I try not to as much as possible.  Completing the applications helps push the worries out of my mind.  I'm keeping myself pretty numb to the whole thing.    

Now all I can do is wait.  I think both schools have rolling admission so hopefully I won't be waiting too long...

4 comments:

Mattenylou said...

Wishing you well... I know you'll be a wonderful, compassionate nurse!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Quinn! It's already quite an achievement just getting through the requirements and the applications in! I wish you lots of luck!

You will be great as a nurse!

Wendy

Alex said...

Good luck!

I am waiting to hear back from med schools myself. I'm supposed to hear back from one this week; it's 11:55 on a Monday morning and I've already checked my email about 20 times.

Hang in there! And try not to think about it...

Quinn said...

Good luck, Alex! That's fantastic!

Please keep me posted. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.