October 2, 2008

I'm Wearing Pants

After many months of flowy skirts and no undies, I've had to dig into my closet for a pair of pants.

It's chilly and blustery outside and I didn't want to be cold. I was freezing my toes off last night at school!

I'm still in some pain from my record/rule-breaking weekend, but the flare seems to be subsiding. As many of you well know, vulvodynia and pudendal neuralgia can make pants seem like torture. I've got a pretty good system: baggy pants, a belt and commando (no panties).

This is tolerable because I stand. As far as my cooty-catcher knows, I'm still in a skirt. There's no contact or pressure from the pants on my goods. Only problem is, I don't have propper footware to complement my outfit.

I bought Dansko's for my job, unfornately they're brown and my dress pants are black and I can't find any black dress socks.


I look like I got dressed in the dark! At least I'm not in any extra pain. I'm learning more and more that there are ways to lead a functional life, pants and all, while living with chronic pelvic pain. It may not be pretty at times, but it works.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Quinn,

I gave up fashion for comfort long ago!

Actually, I should say that I gave up fashion for slight reduction in still-agonizing pain long ago.

So I hear what you're saying!

Eventually, we find ways to adapt to these challenges... It can be really hard but we just do the best we can.

Jeanne