August 14, 2008

NOT Fun In the Summertime



I was scheduled to have my pudendal nerve decompression surgery on Monday; and my boyfriend had graciously taken three days off to take care of me. I decided a month ago to postpone the surgery, so we decided to take advantage of the time off and head to the beach.

I had a great time until the last day. I've managed to get through the summer almost entirely without underwear. It's been a pleasant stay-cation for my lady bits. But you can't go to the beach and the pool without your bathing suite, at least not in New Jersey, so my moose knuckle was tightly confined spandex for 4 days.

By the fourth day, my clit was throwing a fit. I was extremely uncomfortable and I had to cut my final day of beach time short because I was just miserable. To make matters worse, the I had spent 25 minutes on an elliptical machine the day before to work off some vacation pounds, causing my urethra to flare.

I was feeling pretty crabby, but after half a vicodan and a long soak in the tub, I started to feel a little better.

I've never had a problem wearing a bathing suite before, but pain is dynamic and ever evolving. I know now to limit my bikini time. It's frustrating, but by now I've grown all too accustomed to vaginal setbacks.

No comments: