July 21, 2008

Followup on First Vulvodynia Online Support Group Meeting

Last Thursday night, I held the first vulvodynia online support group and I think it was a success.  I had two lovely ladies join me to discuss life with vulvodynia and I learned a tremendous amount from them.  

I felt a great sense of camaraderie.  One woman said whenever she wore a skirt there was always a big ball of panties in her pocket!  That's me every day at work.  I arrive at the office in panties, but I generally take them off during the day and keep them in my pocket or in my bag.  I thought that was hilarious.  It's a silly little moment that no one else could appreciate.  And it's certainly not a moment that I thought anyone else had experienced.

I think the true purpose of a support group is to make one feel some sense of normalcy, no matter how fleeting.  

I want to thank the two women who joined me last Thursday.  I hope our time together brought them some comfort and maybe a smile.  I am extremely grateful.

2 comments:

Lora said...

i'm so upset i wasn't home to join. thank you for doing this!

i am a big fan of the skirt/no undies too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, it was a fun hour, and nice to know we're not suffering alone. Hope we can get together again!